Tiger Woods: Pro Golfer Announces Indefinite Leave Of Absence

Tiger is taking a break from the golf course, and who knows when he’ll return. The pro golfer released a statement on Feb. 11 detailing why he won’t be playing for the time being.

It could be awhile until we see Tiger Woods, 39, on the green again. The four-time Masters champion revealed on Feb. 11 that he won’t be competing in anymore golf tournaments until he’s “ready.” Tiger’s been troubled with injuries lately, but he’s determined to play again “very soon.”


Tiger Woods Leave Of Absence: Golfer Taking Indefinite Break

Here is Tiger’s full statement, released on his personal website:
The last two weeks have been very disappointing to me, especially Torrey, because I never want to withdraw. Unfortunately, lately injuries have made that happen too often.
This latest injury is not related to my previous surgery. I am having daily physical therapy and I am feeling better every day.
Right now, I need a lot of work on my game, and to still spend time with the people that are important to me. My play, and scores, are not acceptable for tournament golf. Like I’ve said, I enter a tournament to compete at the highest level, and when I think I’m ready, I’ll be back. Next week I will practice at Medalist and at home getting ready for the rest of the year. I am committed to getting back to the pinnacle of my game. I’d like to play The Honda Classic — it’s a tournament in my hometown and it’s important to me — but I won’t be there unless my game is tournament-ready. That’s not fair to anyone. I do, however, expect to be playing again very soon.
I want to thank the fans in Phoenix and San Diego. They were amazing. I greatly appreciate everyone’s support.
Tiger was ranked as the No. 1 golfer in the world less than a year ago, according to Yahoo! Sports. However, he’s since fallen down the ranks due to poor performance and injury.

In March 2014, Tiger experienced terrible knee pain at Barclays, the Golf Channel reports. Just a month later, Tiger announced that he would not be participating in the Masters for the first time in his career. The golfer had recently had surgery for a pinched nerve in his back.

He withdrew from the final round of WGC-Bridgestone Invitational due to lower back pain and left the Farmers Insurance Open after just 11 holes in Feb. 2015.

We wish Tiger all the best as he continues to recover. We hope to see him playing golf again soon.

Primus TVlese, how long do you think Tiger will be away from the golf course? Let us know!

Credit: Hollywoodlife